Feb 17, 2020

PERSONAL LETTER Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words

PERSONAL LETTER - Essay Example The entertainment and communication field is not something that I am unfamiliar with since I grew up exposed to the various facets of the field as my mother worked as an editor. I have always dreamed of completing higher studies in this field because of my mothers inspiration. This dream has a solid basis in my internship at Phoenix Satellite Television where I learned the intricacies of film editing and how it applies to the concept of program production. The SI program and internship will only last for one semester and will offer me the opportunity to put my Economics class theories into practice as I work in the highly competitive and notable entertainment offices in Los Angeles. By doing so, I will be able to further hone both my Economics know how and communication ability. After having spoken to my Economics course adviser, I have discovered that it would be highly possible to merge my current studies in economics and the entertainment courses I shall be taking online by seekin g an internship in the accounting or finance departments of music, television, or movie studios. I consider the opportunity to apply for acceptance at SI to be the perfect opportunity to merge my two highly different fields of interest into one. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that anybody who has the same interests as I would not dare to pass up. I am highly confident that I shall return to our College of Economics a much more rounded and better skilled person because of the opportunities the program offers that are not readily available to simple Economics students. Part of my plan upon my return to our college is to share my new found knowledge and experience with my classmates so that they too may benefit from my more advanced and intricate studies of Economics and Communication in real world applications. Thank you for taking the time to read my